Monday, November 13, 2006

Planning that Next Birthday Party

With all that local bloggers have on their minds, sometimes a silly posting can tickle one’s funny bone. I found this to be true when I recently came across an October posting by one of New Orleans’ better known local bloggers, Ashley Morris.

His posting, entitled “Beer for da party” made me laugh out loud because it brought to mind a recent birthday dinner I had just given for my husband and how I handled it. I planned the menu, then had the wine and champagne selected based upon the ingredients in each course. Ashley Morris didn't worry about such niceties. He went straight to the heart of the matter, and asked which beer should be bought.

How can one argue with this New Orleanian's thinking? He appears to have his priorities just about right. I am only sorry I was not invited. Once the beer was selected, I would have brought the appropriate food.

Next party I plan I will remember the Ashley Morris approach. I may just cook around the "da" beer that is chosen.

1 Comments:

Blogger ashleymorris said...

I invited everybody who read the post! I certainly hope you will attend the next shindig. Sorry you missed this one.

Yes, this is several months ex post facto.

12:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home