Thursday, November 16, 2006

A fun game going around . . .
The Nearest Book Meme


This is a neat little exercise, which bloggers are posting and are getting some interesting comments.

This is how it goes:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 4 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.

What some of our local bloggers found to be their nearest book:

Blogger Scott Harney posted text from his nearest book, Unix System Administration Handbook, 3rd Edition. Evi Nemeth, garth Snyder, Scott Seebass, Trent R. Hein. Prentice Hall PTR, 2001.

Blogger Maitri posted text from The Control Of Nature by John McPhee, FSG, 1989.

An other local blogger quotes from Nussbaum, Martha. Hiding from Humanity: Disgust, Shame, and the Law. Princeton, NJ: Princeton Univ. Press, 2004.

Blogger Bardiac was "in the middle of rereading some Jonson (in an anthology) when I decided to check some blogs. I am so busted!"

As for me, the first book I opened to page 123 took me to its index. I guess I don't read very in depth books, but hey, at least it had an index.

Now for any reader of this posting, try this yourself and see you what find out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home